The 4th Annual
Unspoken : Survivors Stories
September 1-September 30, 2023
click here for the printable PROSPECTUS
Overview: The 4thAnnual Unspoken : Survivors Stories features artwork by visual artists affected by suicide. September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness month. If you have been affected by suicide, know that you are not alone. This annual exhibit gives survivors of suicide loss and suicide attempt a voice to share their story and raise awareness of the impact of suicide. This show will feature original two- and three-dimensional works including painting, drawing, photography, digital art, collage, sculpture and group art projects. There are no fees to enter this show. Up to three works may be entered.
Who is Eligible to Enter? This exhibit is open to anyone throughout the world whose life has been affected by suicide and people who work/volunteer in the field.
Exhibition partners Your Art Your Story, the Arizona Art Alliance, and the Arizona Artists Guild will host the exhibition on their respective websites and promote the show on social media channels.
How to Enter:
- Original two-dimensional and three-dimensional artwork including painting, drawing, photography, digital art, collage and sculpture may be submitted. Giclee prints are not allowed.
● Up to 3 works of art may be entered by each person.
● Be sure to completely fill out the entry form.
You will need to include the following:
your name as you would like it to appear online,
the title, medium, dimensions and price of your work (if your workis for sale) or NFS (if it is Not for Sale).
Phone number, mailing address, email address, social media links, website address if you have one.
● Take photos of your work and crop the images to remove the background and/or frame.
● Image file size should not exceed 5MB in size or 6 inches on the longest side.
● Identify your image files with your last name, a space, the title Examples: DaVinci Mona Lisa, Van Gogh Starry Night
● No substitute or additional images will be accepted after completing the entry process.
● Please do not enter works that were already shown in previous Unspoken : Survivors Stories exhibitions.
● If you have any questions, contact Tess at info@AzArtAlliance.com.
Sales: Artists have the option of listing their work for sale. Any sales that may result from this exhibition must be negotiated solely by the Artist with the interested party. The Arizona Art Alliance assumes no responsibility for the integrity of the transaction. Artists are reminded to be cautious with online payment negotiations. The Arizona Art Alliance will not be handling sales of this exhibition or taking a percentage of sale.
Important Notes: Artist retains all rights, including copyright to their artwork; however, artist agrees to give the exhibition partners permission to publish images of artwork for this and future exhibitions, and for use in the exhibition partners’ website, social media and other promotional materials.
Curators: David L. Bradley and Tess Mosko Scherer, Arizona Art Alliance; Kristel Nielsen, Your Art Your Story. This is a non-juried show. The exhibition partners reserve the right to NOT post artwork it deems inappropriate.
click here for the printable prospectus