The 2nd Annual Unspoken : Survivors Stories
A Juried Fine Art Exhibition
Click here for the printable prospectus
Exhibition Dates: August 22-November 14, 2021
Location: Pinnacle Peak Presbyterian Church | 25150 N Pima Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
This exhibit will also be available virtually. The link will be available September 1, 2021.
Overview: The 2nd Annual Unspoken : Survivors Stories features artwork by artists affected by suicide to raise awareness of the impact of suicide. The exhibit is co-sponsored by exhibition partners Your Art Your Story, the Arizona Art Alliance and Pinnacle Peak Presbyterian Church. This show will feature original 2 dimensional works including painting, drawing, photography, digital art, and collage. There are no fees to enter this show.
July 1 – July 20, 2021: Entries are accepted through the Arizona Art Alliance website.
July 24: Artists are notified via email
July 25 – August 15: Artists deliver artwork to Arizona Art Alliance*
August 11: Artists ship artwork to the Arizona Art Alliance, to be delivered no later than Wednesday, August 11, 2021
TBA: Presentation by Kristel Nielsen and Tess Mosko Scherer at Pinnacle Peak Presbyterian Church
November 15, 10:00-12:00: Artists pick up of work from the Pinnacle Peak Presbyterian Church
November 16-20: Artists pick up work from Arizona Art Alliance, by appointment.
*Once your entry has been accepted in the show we will schedule convenient dates for the delivery of artwork to either Arizona Art Alliance or to the Pinnacle Peak Presbyterian Church.
Who is Eligible to Enter? Artists who have participated in the Your Art Your Story art classes for Survivors of Suicide hosted by the Arizona Artists Guild. Collaborative artworks may be entered in this show.
How to Enter:
● Original 2 dimensional artwork, up to 30 inches on its longest side. Painting, drawing, photography, digital art, and collage. Giclee prints are not allowed.
● Up to 3 works of art may be entered, as space is limited.
● Be sure to include the title, medium, dimensions and price of your work (if your work is for sale) or NFS (Not for Sale).
● Take photos of your work and crop the images to remove the background and/or frame.
● Image file size should not exceed 5MB or 6 inches on the longest side.
● Identify your image files with your last name, a space, entry number. Example: Smith 1; Smith 2; Smith 3.
● No substitute or additional images will be accepted after completing the entry process.
● Please do not enter works that were already shown in the 2020 Unspoken : Survivors Stories.
● If you have any questions, contact Tess at info@AzArtAlliance.com.
Sales: Artists have the option of listing their work for sale. Any sales that may result from this exhibition must be negotiated solely by the Artist with the interested party. The Arizona Art Alliance assumes no responsibility for the integrity of the transaction. Artists are reminded to be cautious with online payment negotiations. The Arizona Art Alliance will not be handling sales of this exhibition or taking a percentage of sale.
Important Notes: Artist retains all rights, including copyright to their artwork; however, artist agrees to give the exhibition partners permission to publish images of artwork for this and future exhibitions, and for use in the exhibition partners’ website, social media and other promotional materials.
JURORS: David L. Bradley and Tess Mosko Scherer, Arizona Art Alliance; Kristel Nielsen, Your Art Your Story; and David Allen, Pinnacle Peak Presbyterian Church. Work will be reviewed based on exhibition space, inclusion of a variety of artists and expressions. The exhibition partners reserve the right to NOT post artwork it deems inappropriate.
How to prepare your artwork for installation:
If your work is not framed, we will frame it, using funds and materials provided by the Exhibition Partners. Please indicate whether your work is framed on the entry form.
– Use wire adequate to support the work (no saw-tooth hangers).*
– The wire on the back of your artwork should be no more than one-quarter of the way down the length of the piece.
– mats and glass must be clean.
– Gallery wrap canvases:
– 1.25” deep or more, must have sides painted & no staples.
– less than 1.25” deep must be framed.
Instructions for shipping if you are unable to deliver your work in person:
Please contact Tess Mosko Scherer to make arrangements.
Ship art to:
Arizona Art Alliance
Tess Mosko Scherer
4327 E. Lewis Ave.
Phoenix Arizona 85008
Ship artwork to arrive no later than Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Please note: Artists are solely responsible for the cost, care, protection, and insurance of their work during shipment to the Arizona Art Alliance. The Arizona Art Alliance and Your Art Your Story will return the work to you in the same packaging in which it was shipped. We will pay the return shipping fees and insurance on the work.
Please note: Artists are responsible for the cost, care, protection, and insurance of their work during shipment to the Arizona Art Alliance. The Arizona Art Alliance and Your Art Your Story will return the work to you in the same packaging in which it was shipped. We will pay the return shipping fees and insurance on the work.
click here for a printable prospectus
Email your submission to Tess at info@AzArtAlliance.com
Send one email per piece of art.
Please write Submission in the subject line.
Be sure to include the following information:
Your name as you would like it to appear on the label
Your email address
Your phone number
Title of Art
Price if it is for sale, or NFS if you prefer not to offer it for sale
Indicate if the piece is framed and ready for installation or if it needs to be framed.
Be sure to attach the image of your art.