This is an opportunity for artists to share with others the source of what inspires them to make art and return to the studio day after day. The broad theme allows artists to share what they see, feel, and/or hear, and how that is infused in their art or interpreted by them. Each piece of art will be accompanied by a short statement about the source of what inspired the work. Each statement must not exceed 100 words.
SOURCE : artists and their inspiration is open to all members in good standing of any affiliated Arizona Art Alliance Member Arts Organization as listed on the AzAA website. A juried exhibition, artists may submit up to 3 pieces.
– 2D artwork no greater than 48 inches on the longest side,
– 3D artwork small enough to display on a pedestal approx. 16” across.
– All large 3-dimensional artwork must be installed and/or moved by the artist.
Entry Fees (non-refundable):
$30 for 1 piece | $35 for 2 pieces | $40 for up to 3 pieces
Cash & Ribbon Awards:
1st Place $400 cash & ribbon President’s Award $100 & ribbon
2nd Place $300 cash & ribbon People’s Choice Award, ribbon only
3rd Place $200 cash & ribbon Two (2) Merit Awards, ribbons only
Entries are submitted online through the Arizona Art Alliance Website.
Images must be no larger than 5MB or 6 inches on the longest side.
Image files requirements: name your files with your last name, a space, entry number. Example: Smith 1.jpeg; Smith 2.jpeg; Smith 3.jpeg.
If submitting more than one photo for the same piece of work make sure to adhere to the file naming convention above and add a sequence number for additional views. Smith 1 view 1.jpeg | Smith 1 view 2.jpeg | Smith 1 view 3.jpeg
Be sure your image number corresponds with your entry number.
Information required: title, medium, dimensions, price and short statement on your inspiration Payment online through PayPal or Credit Card
Artist Statement on the topic of Inspiration
A short bio and short ‘inspiration statement’ must be included with your submission. The statements will be posted along with your work at Desert Foothills Library, on the AzAA website as well as AzAA and Desert Foothills Library Social Media pages. 100-word limit.
If your artwork is accepted you will receive an email notification stating exactly which pieces have been accepted. Review the details associated with the pieces since that is the information that will appear on the gallery tags. The Art Description Contract will be attached to this email and you will need to fill it out and bring it with you when you deliver the artwork. The information on the Art Description Contract should match the details for each piece as documented in the Acceptance
No substitute or additional images will be accepted after completing the application process.
If you need assistance or have problems with your entry, contact Arizona Art Alliance Executive Director, Tess Mosko Scherer at info@AzArtAlliance.com
2-D Art: images of artwork should have no background/frame visible. One image per piece
3-D Art and Jewelry: image may show a simple background. You may include three views of sculpture
All artwork must be:
– the artist’s original work. No copy giclee prints allowed (photography & digitally-produced prints are allowed
– for sale (No NFS)
– Artwork that has shown in the Desert Foothills Gallery since 2021 will not be accepted.
– clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title of work & medium and price upon delivery to the venue.
– Dimensions for 2-D work are not to exceed 48 inches on the longest side high with the frame. Maximum weight of 30 pounds.
-Artwork not meeting criteria for the exhibition will be returned to the Artist.
Art must look professionally framed:
– with wire adequate to support the work (no saw-tooth hangers).
– The wire on the back of your artwork should be no more than one-quarter of the way down the length of the piece.
– mats and glass must be clean.
– Gallery wrap canvases:
– 1.25” deep or more, must have sides painted & no staples.
– less than 1.25” deep must be framed.
• The Desert Foothills Gallery (Library) handles sales directly with the purchaser.
• Total commission on all sales is 25%. The Desert Foothills Library will retain 20% of the total
commission and the Sonoran Arts League will retain the remaining 5% of the total commission.
• The purchaser will pay Desert Foothills Library and take possession of the artwork at the end of
the exhibit, unless arrangements are made for a replacement piece.
• Desert Foothills Library will inform the Exhibition Committee chairperson who will communicate with the artist to arrange for a replacement piece of artwork for the remainder of the exhibit if necessary.
– MUST adhere to delivery and pick-up times.
– retain copyright to the artwork, however Arizona Art Alliance, Sonoran Arts League and Desert Foothills Library reserves the right to photograph & publish images of artwork for this and future exhibitions, and for use in the Arizona Art Alliance virtual exhibition.
JURORS – To be Announced
*notice the compressed time frame between notification and installation