The Annual Arizona Art Alliance Interpretations VII Exhibit is open to all members in good standing of any affiliated Arizona Art Alliance Member Arts Organization as listed on the Alliance website. The theme “Interpretations” is open to inspire all artists to interpret what they see, feel, and hear, and apply it to their artwork. ALL ARTWORK WILL BE JURIED. Artists may submit 3 pieces; however, artists can submit twice and pay a second entry fee. (e.g. 6 pieces = $70).
– 2D artwork no greater than 48 inches on the longest side
– 3D artwork small enough to display on a pedestal approx. 16” across.
-Jewelry. Jewelers must provide their OWN locked case with stand or that would fit on a pedestal. For Jewelers, a submission consists of ONE DISPLAY CASE (see Special Instructions below regarding images).
Entry Fees (non-refundable):
Member Artists | $40 for up to 3 pieces Jewelers, Members | $40 per case
Cash & Ribbon Awards:
1st Place $400 cash & ribbon President’s Award $100 & ribbon
2nd Place $300 cash & ribbon People’s Choice Award, ribbon only
3rd Place $200 cash & ribbon Two (2) Merit Awards, ribbons only
In addition to the virtual exhibition posted on the Arizona Art Alliance website, images, bio and artist statements will be posted on the Arizona Art Alliance Website and on Social Media.
Submission/ Required Information:
Entries are submitted online through the Arizona Art Alliance Website.
-Up to three works of art
-Artist’s name (as you would like it to appear on the label)
-Title of art, medium, dimensions and price (for each piece of art)
-Artist Statement: 75-word maximum statement about the work you are submitting
-Artist Bio: 75-word maximum overview of your biography or career highlights
Images must be no larger than 5MB or 6 inches on the longest side
Image files requirements: name your files with your last name, a space, entry number. Example: Smith 1; Smith 2; Smith 3.
Be sure your image number corresponds with your entry number.Payment online through PayPal or Credit Card
No substitute or additional images will be accepted after completing the application process.
2-D Artists: images of artwork should have no background/frame visible.
3-D Artists: image may show a simple background
If you need assistance or have problems with your entry, contact Arizona Art Alliance Executive Director, Tess Mosko Scherer at info@AzArtAlliance.com
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR JEWELERS:
submit THREE images for jurors to view, one photo of your entire jewelry display (items that would fit comfortably in your OWN locked case), and two close-up images of your best jewelry pieces.
A contribution of 25% will be retained by WHAM West Gallery on each sold item. No artist contribution will be taken by the Art Alliance.
All artwork must be:
– the artist’s original work. No copy giclee prints allowed (photography & digitally-produced prints are allowed as originals).
– for sale (No NFS)
– Artwork that has shown in the WHAM gallery space since 2020 will not be accepted.
– clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title of work, medium and price upon delivery to the venue.
– not to exceed 48 inches in either direction.
Art must look professionally framed:
– with wire adequate to support the work (no saw-tooth hangers).
– The wire on the back of your artwork should be no more than one-quarter of the way down the length of the piece.
– mats and glass must be clean.
– Gallery wrap canvases:
– 1.25” deep or more, must have sides painted & no staples.
– less than 1.25” deep must be framed.
Instructions for shipping if you are unable to deliver your work in person:
If you need to send your art to WHAM please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Ship art to:
WHAM Art Center
Attn: Diane Freeman
16560 N. Dysart Rd., Surprise, AZ 85378
Ship artwork to arrive no later than Wednesday, February 26, 2021.
* Artists are solely responsible for the cost, care, protection, and insurance of their work during shipment to and from the WHAM West Gallery and you are required to include the return postage in the event your entry does not sell and needs to be returned to you. If you fail to send a return postage, your work will be returned to you C.O.D.
25% contribution to WHAM on each sold piece.
*Sold pieces may be taken by the patron if necessary to finalize a sale. Otherwise, we encourage the patron to allow the work to stay until the end of the show. There will be no early removal of exhibited work except for the circumstance described above.
Artwork not meeting criteria for the exhibition will be returned to the Artist.
– MUST adhere to delivery and pick-up times. Late Pick-up/Storage fee is $10. for the 1st week and an additional $5. for each week after the first week.
– retain copyright to the artwork, however Arizona Art Alliance reserves the right to photograph & publish images of artwork for this and future exhibitions, and for use in the Arizona Art Alliance virtual exhibition.
Sunay March 20, 2022 || Interpretations: Art and Music through a Humanities Lens || 2:00 PM & 3:30 PM
As an adjunct event to the exhibition, two discussions will take place on Sunday, March 20 in the WHAM art gallery. An art image projected on a screen will be accompanied a piece of related live music provided by Central Arizona Flute Ensemble (CAFE Flutes). The audience will examine visual interpretations of a human experience, such as a celebration or a geographical location, while absorbing aural interpretations of the same experience. Afterwards, Humanities Scholar Dr. Janice Jarrett will lead the audience in a discussion about similarities and differences in how artists and composers express their ideas, and how audiences process them. Images on display in the exhibition will be included in the program. Pending Funding. Stay tuned for more details.
JURORS – To be Announced