The 8th Annual Arizona Art Alliance Interpretations Exhibition is open to all members in good standing of any affiliated Arizona Art Alliance Member Arts Organization as listed on the AzAA website.
The theme “Interpretations” is open to inspire all artists to interpret what they see, feel, and hear, and apply it to their artwork.
Exhibition Dates: March 2 thru March 31, 2023
Show Hours: Tuesday thru Saturday, 10am – 4pm
Eligibility: Open to the member artists of the Arizona Art Alliance member Arts Organizations
Location: WHAM | 16560 N. Dysart Rd., Surprise 85378 (623)-584-8311 and on the Arizona Art Alliance Website. It will also be promoted through Social Media.
The 8th Annual Arizona Art Alliance Interpretations Exhibition is open to all members in good standing of any affiliated Arizona Art Alliance Member Arts Organization as listed on the AzAA website. A juried exhibition, artists may submit 3 pieces.
– 2D artwork no greater than 48 inches on the longest side,
– 3D artwork small enough to display on a pedestal approx. 16” across.
-Jewelry. Jewelers must provide their OWN locked case with stand or that would fit on a pedestal. For Jewelers, a submission consists of ONE DISPLAY CASE (see Special Instructions below regarding images).
Entry Fees (non-refundable):
Member Artists | $40 for up to 3 pieces Jewelers, Member Artists | $40 per case
Cash & Ribbon Awards:
1st Place $400 cash & ribbon President’s Award $100 & ribbon
2nd Place $300 cash & ribbon People’s Choice Award, ribbon only
3rd Place $200 cash & ribbon Two (2) Merit Awards, ribbons only
Entries are submitted online through the Arizona Art Alliance Website. https://azartalliance.com/interpretations-viii/
Images must be no larger than 5MB or 6 inches on the longest side
Image files requirements: name your files with your last name, a space, entry number. Example: Smith 1; Smith 2; Smith 3.
Be sure your image number corresponds with your entry number.
Information required: title, medium, dimensions and price
Payment online through PayPal or Credit Card
Bio and Artist Statement
A short bio and short artist statement must be included with your submission to be posted on the website and on Social Media.
No substitute or additional images will be accepted after completing the application process.
If you need assistance or have problems with your entry, contact Arizona Art Alliance Executive Director, Tess Mosko Scherer at info@AzArtAlliance.com
2-D Artists: images of artwork should have no background/frame visible.
3-D Artists: image may show a simple background
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR JEWELERS:
submit THREE images for jurors to view, one photo of your entire jewelry display (items that would fit comfortably in your OWN locked case), and two close-up images of your best jewelry pieces.
A contribution of 25% will be retained by WHAM West Gallery on each sold item. No artist contribution
will be taken by the Art Alliance.
All artwork must be:
– the artist’s original work. No copy giclee prints allowed (photography & digitally-produced prints are allowed
– for sale (No NFS)
– Artwork that has shown in the WHAM gallery space since 2021 will not be accepted.
– clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title of work & medium and price upon delivery to the venue.
– not to exceed 48 inches in either direction.
Art must look professionally framed:
– with wire adequate to support the work (no saw-tooth hangers).
– The wire on the back of your artwork should be no more than one-quarter of the way down the length of the piece.
– mats and glass must be clean.
– Gallery wrap canvases:
– 1.25” deep or more, must have sides painted & no staples.
– less than 1.25” deep must be framed.
-Artwork not meeting criteria for the exhibition will be returned to the Artist.
Instructions for shipping if you are unable to deliver your work in person:
If you need to send your art to WHAM please contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
25% contribution to WHAM on each sold piece.
*Sold pieces may be taken by the patron if necessary to finalize a sale. Otherwise, we encourage the patron to allow the work to stay until the end of the show. There will be no early removal of exhibited work except for the circumstance described above.
– MUST adhere to delivery and pick-up times. Late Pick-up/Storage fee is $10. for the 1st week and an additional $5. for each week after the first week.
– retain copyright to the artwork, however Arizona Art Alliance reserves the right to photograph & publish images of artwork for this and future exhibitions, and for use in the Arizona Art Alliance virtual exhibition.
Interpretations VIII: Art and Music through a Humanities Lens will immediately follow the Awards Presentation at the Exhibit Reception at WHAM on Saturday, March 4 at 2:00PM. Central Arizona Flute Ensemble (CAFE Flutes) will perform five selections of music that relate to five pieces of exhibited artwork. Viewers will listen to a piece of live music while studying the related image. After each piece, two humanities facilitators with expertise in art and music will lead the audience in a conversation about their experience. Through discussion, we will build meaning, make sense, understand, create dialogue, change perspective, and offer insight about how artists and composers express their ideas, and how audiences process them.
Our life experiences and personal sensibilities influence our perceptions as viewers and listeners. This also applies to artists and composers.
JURORS – To be Announced