A Juried Fine Art Exhibition | November 1 – November 25, 2023
Click here for a printable Prospectus
Arizona Art Alliance in partnership with Ground Floor Artists is accepting applications to Breaking Ground.
The theme is open to inspire all artists to interpret what they see, feel, and hear, and apply it to their artwork.
This exhibition will be in person at Ground Floor Artists, online through the Arizona Art Alliance website, and promoted on social media.
Exhibition Dates: November 1 through November 25
Show Hours: Wednesdays – Fridays 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Saturdays 10:00-2:00 PM
Location: Ground Floor Artists Gallery | 13343 W Foxfire Dr #3, Surprise, AZ 85378
Eligibility: The Arizona Art Alliance Breaking Ground is open to all members in good standing of any affiliated Arizona Art Alliance Member Arts Organization as listed on the AzAA website. A juried exhibition, artists may submit up to 3 pieces.
– 2D artwork no greater than 40 inches on the longest side
– 3D artwork small enough to display on a pedestal approx. 16” across.
Entry Fees (non-refundable): $40 for up to 3 pieces
Cash & Ribbon Awards:
1st Place $300 cash & ribbon | 2nd Place $100 cash & ribbon | 3rd Place $100 cash & ribbon | Honorable Mentions Ribbon
Entries are submitted online through the Arizona Art Alliance Website.
Images must be no larger than 5MB or 6 inches on the longest side
Image files requirements: name your files with your last name, a space, entry number. Example: Smith 1; Smith 2; Smith 3.
Be sure your image number corresponds with your entry number.
Information required: title, medium, dimensions and price as well as a short bio and artist statement.
Payment online through PayPal or Credit Card. Arrangements for checks or cash can be made by emailing info@AzArtAlliance.com
Bio and Artist Statement
A short bio and short artist statement must be included with your submission to be posted on the website and on social media.
No substitute or additional images will be accepted after completing the application process.
If you need assistance or have problems with your entry, contact Arizona Art Alliance Executive Director, Tess Mosko Scherer at info@AzArtAlliance.com.
2-D Artists: images of artwork should have no background/frame visible.
3-D Artists: image may show a simple background
A contribution of 25% will be retained by Ground Floor Artists on each sold item. No artist contribution will be taken by the Art Alliance. Sales will be handled by Ground Floor Artists.
All artwork must be:
– the artist’s original work. No copy giclee prints allowed (photography & digitally-produced prints are allowed as originals).
– for sale (No NFS)
– Artwork that has shown in the Ground Floor Artists Gallery since 2021 will not be accepted.
– clearly labeled with the artist’s name, phone number, and title of work.
– delivered to Ground Floor Artists by Noon on October 31, 2023.
– not to exceed 40 inches in either direction.
Art must look professionally framed:
– with wire adequate to support the work (no saw-tooth hangers).
– The wire on the back of your artwork should be no more than one-quarter of the way down the length of the piece.
– mats and glass must be clean.
– Gallery wrap canvases:
– 1.25” deep or more, must have sides painted & no staples. Less than 1.25” deep must be framed.
Instructions for shipping if you are unable to deliver your work in person:
If you need to send your art to Ground Floor Artists Gallery, email info@AzArtAlliance.com to make arrangement.
25% contribution to Ground Floor Artists on each sold piece.
*Sold pieces may be taken by the patron if necessary to finalize a sale. However, we encourage the patron to allow the work to stay until the end of the show. There will be no early removal of exhibited work except for the circumstance described above.
Artwork not meeting criteria for the exhibition will be returned to the Artist.
– MUST adhere to delivery and pick-up times. Late Pick-up/Storage fee is $10. for the 1st week and an additional $5. for each week after the first week.
– retain copyright to the artwork, however Arizona Art Alliance reserves the right to photograph & publish images of artwork for this and future exhibitions, and for use in the Arizona Art Alliance virtual exhibition.
– MUST sign hold harmless agreement with their online entry
Open House at Ground Floor Artists’ Studios will immediately follow the Awards Presentation at the Exhibit Reception at Ground Floor Artists on November 10, 2023 from 5:00-7:00 PM. Visit the studios of thirty-one artists who will be on hand to answer questions and demonstrate their techniques.
JURORS – To be Announced
click here for a printable prospectus